Saturday, March 2, 2013

DIY Jewelry Project!

I did this post for my Spelman Sisters over at TheHighLifeSuite and wanted to share with my readers as well. I'll be adding more DIY projects on here...I don't only cook ;) Enjoy <3!
whit

Recently, I had to call a truce with my jewelry and my dresser…SOMETHING HAD TO GIVE! Outside of my expensive pieces like my authentic pearls and diamonds, all of my everyday jewelry was always thrown about on my dresser. Well, I have had enough! I pulled all of my pieces from dresser and stared at the them for a long time.
whit0
I was going to go out and thrift for something to hang all my jewelry on when I looked up and saw I already had this bare lady on my wall!The only additional thing I had to buy were clear push pins.I also had these small jewelry bags which were leftover from beads I’d ordered from the beaded jewelry line, Kill Pink before they went under to revamp. The bags came in handy for those jewelry items that couldn’t be secured using the push pins.Since you most likely won’t have these things readily available to you, I suggest going to your local Goodwill, Salvation Army or any other great thrifting spot to find your centerpiece to hang your jewelry. Though I hung all of this without a ruler, I’d suggest that you use one to be on the safe side.


whit1
Once you’ve found your centerpiece, grab your clear push pins, your ruler, mini mesh bags and you’re ready to go!





whit4 

When placing my jewelry on my centerpiece, there was no rhyme nor reason. I hung pieces as I was led. I put all of my beads and necklaces on the centerpiece because I knew I wanted my watches and African bracelets to appear as if they were floating.  Once I finished hanging my pieces, I grabbed my push pins to hang my watches and wooden bracelets. I placed each pin inside of the the first hole of each watch with about an inch and a half apart and 3 inches below each other. Of course, this is all dependent on the types and amount of watches & bracelets you have. So feel free to do what works best for you! Inside of my bags, I put my pins, rings and earrings to create easy access.  To hang my bracelets and watches, I placed them on the wall and then put the push pin inside to secure placement.
whit2



whit3

Once you've finished, you have a beautiful, yet easy access, to your jewelry!

whit5

No comments:

Post a Comment