Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Turkey & Smoked Gouda Sandwiches!

Hey everyone and Happy New Year! I hope that the new year is going well for you so far. I've been busy expanding my craft and learning in every way I can so that I can share delicious recipes and treats with you. Since relocating back home, cooking for my family has become my classroom! My brother is a growing 5'10" 14 year and my mom has never really been a "cook" lol. But growing up, I never missed any meals! With that being said, Royce came home from volleyball practice yesterday and was hungry! I needed to whip up something quick and filling for all of us. Also, I was not in the mood to run to the grocery store. So, I opened that fridge, pulled out some items and ended up with a VERY yummy dinner. You can choose to add whatever sides you like. We had sweet potato fries and steamed broccoli with shredded cheese :)

Ingredients:

  • onion sandwich buns
  • sliced smoked gouda
  • honey mustard
  • red onion
  • cajun fried turkey
  • honey baked turkey
**I used my griddle to prepare everything; it saved on dishes at the end!**

On a lightly greased griddle, add equal parts of shredded turkey. While the turkey is browning, toast your buns and grill your onions simultaneously.  Place a slice of smoked gouda on top of the turkey and allow it melt. Remove your buns and add honey mustard to each one. Remove the turkey and cheese, top with your onions and boom! There you have it!


2 comments:

  1. that cajun turkey is quite tasty. looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cajun fried turkey is yummy. My son loves it will add this sandwich to our list

    ReplyDelete