Friday, December 28, 2012

Spiced Apple Cider


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! 

Though I love any reason to celebrate with family and friends, there is something special about wintertime gatherings that just warms my heart! And speaking of warmth, who wouldn't love a simple drink that helps to keep you warm during this chilly season?! This recipe is a concoction of ideas I got from my Spelman Sister Dyanna over at The High Suite Life, one of my favorite bartenders in DC Jeremy at 1920DC, and some quirkiness of my own. This is a wonderful drink for large groups and functions because it is easy and quick to make. Even when it begins to run low, the re-up process doesn't take long. Plus, it makes everyone feel all warm and fuzzy...which leads to creating all types of hilarious memories. I hope that you all enjoy it as much as we have!

Ingredients:

  • 64 fl oz of apple cider (of course purchase more if you're having a large party)
  • Jack Daniels Honey
  • 2 crisp apples
  • vanilla extract
  • peppermint extract
  • nutmeg


Let's go!
Before adding anything, turn your crockpot on high so that it can begin to warm. Peel your apples and cut them into 1/2 inch chunks. To prevent splashing, I add the apples before the liquid. In your crockpot, add your chopped apples, the entire jug of cider, 3 cups of Jack Daniels Honey, 2 tbsp of vanilla extract, 1 tbsp of peppermint and top with nutmeg. **Now, if you don't have access to a crockpot, combining this on your stove top in a pot works just as well.** Stir occasionally in your crockpot. As it begins to warm, you will be able to smell the yumminess that awaits you!  


Grab a ladle and pour up! 



1 comment:

  1. Tried this keeps u warm and tasted like a tea to me and I'm a tea lover

    ReplyDelete