Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Baked Tilapia Arugula Salad

I had this salad for lunch today and it was so yummy! Even though I usually only crave hot foods in colder months, this salad was filling and tasty. For people on the go, I suggest keeping tilapia on hand in your refrigerator. Besides being one of the healthier fish options, it does not take long to thaw and it is versatile (meaning it can be baked, fried, or grilled). Preparation and cooking time combined was about 25 minutes. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Ingredients: 

  • 1 tilapia filet
  • arugula
  • red onion
  • cherry tomatoes
  • bleu cheese crumbles
  • dried cranberries
  • balsamic vinaigrette
  • black pepper
  • cilantro
  • old bay
  • evoo



Preheat your oven to 375. Lay your filet on 
your foil and season the fish. Because you're going to wrap the foil & also place the fish on a bed of salad later, I don't find it necessary to season both sides. Season with black pepper, old bay, and cilantro. Lastly add about 1tspn of evoo. Wrap your fish in your foil and place in the oven for 15 minutes.



While your fish is cooking, you can begin to prep your plate. After rinsing your leaves, add your arugula and then the following ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
  • 2-3 cherry tomatoes sliced in halves
  • 1 tbsp bleu cheese
  • 1 tbsp dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup low-fat balsamic vinaigrette
Once your fish is done, open the foil and allow it to cool for about 5 min. Place it on top of your wonderfully created salad bed and dig in!


5 comments:

  1. I can only imagine having some of that. It looks splendid

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks absolutely amazing and super simple to make!!! but here's a quick question... how much did this meal cost?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda!

      I don't remember exactly but I remember, roughly, the amount I spent on some of the ingredients.

      Bag of tilapia: $5
      Red onion: $1
      Cherry tomatoes: $3
      Bleu Cheese: $5
      Dried cranberries: $3
      Dressing: $3

      So roughly $20, excluding tax. And because you're not using all of the ingredients in one serving, you still have enough for another meal!

      Delete
    2. Oh! The arugula was about $3 as well.

      Delete
  3. I made this salad, and now it will be on my menu often. It was quick and delicious.

    ReplyDelete