Friday, January 25, 2013

Rotel Dip!

With the Super Bowl quickly approaching, I wanted to share one of my most favorite dips that I make for parties. It's extremely simple and can be all made in a crock pot, if you choose to do a meatless version. Rotel dip is full of cheesy goodness! I've used several different cheeses when making this. Sometimes I want a spicy cheese dip while other times I want something a little simple and that is for everyone, regardless of taste buds.


Ingredients:
  • Italian ground turkey
  • 2 cans of medium Rotel
  • 4lb block of Velveeta 
  • 2lb block of colby & monterrey jack blend
  • 1/2 cup of shredded smoked guoda
  • 1 4oz bag of shredded mozzarella
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 cup of chopped red onion
  • cilantro



Turn your crock pot on high so that it begins to warm. Cut your block of Velveeta and Colby & Monterrey blend into 2 inch cubes to help speed the cooking process. Add them to the crock pot along with both cans of Rotel, milk, and your shredded cheeses.


While your cheeses are starting melt in the crock pot, begin warming your skillet. I like to cook my onions first. Add 1tbsp of evoo to your skillet. Once hot enough, add your cup of chopped red onion. Before they get too tender, add your ground turkey (or meat of your option). Season accordingly with black pepper, cayenne pepper and a touch of salt. I find ground turkey to be a naturally salty meat, so I tend to not add much whenever using it. Lastly, once your meat is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink, add it all to the crock pot. The grease from the meat and onions adds a wonderful flavor to the dip. Mix all of the ingredients evenly and top off with cilantro. If using fresh cilantro, you'll only need about 2tbsp; dried will need more, depending on how much you like cilantro. When everything is evenly mixed, you can now dig in! Serve over your favorite tortilla chips and enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I'm going to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be trying this and I'll let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete