Friday, January 11, 2013

How To Make Your Own Honey Mustard!

This post will be short and to the point! Anyone who knows me, will tell you that my favorite condiment is honey mustard! I prefer a sauce that still has the undertone of yellow mustard but the savory and sweet goodness of honey as well. So when I usually buy bottled honey mustard from the grocery store, it can be hit or miss when pairing with something. Additionally, there are usually so many ingredients in those bottles that it alters the taste of food. So while thinking about dinner for the week, I decided that I wanted honey mustard roasted chicken and potatoes! Like most of the dishes I create, I'd never had it before but it sounded divine in theory. Now that I have a basic honey mustard mastered, I'm excited to start exploring this with other types of mustard and expanding my tastes buds!

Ingredients:
  • yellow mustard
  • honey
  • brown sugar
In a small mixing bowl combine 1/2cup of yellow mustard, 4tbsp of honey and 4tbsp of brown sugar. *Note: depending on how you like your honey mustard, you can change the amount of brown sugar and honey to suit your personal taste.* Beat with until all ingredients are blended. Serve as a dipping sauce or use as a marinade! Enjoy :)


3 comments:

  1. I just looked online at many recipes, and I think yours is going to be the winner for tonight's dinner! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Thank you so much! I hope it compliments your dinner just the way you'd like!

      Delete