Thursday, July 18, 2013

DIY Denim Shorts!

In addition to cooking, I like to dabble in DIY projects and makeup. While going through my closet, I realized I had an old pair of Calvin Klein jeans that I no longer wanted as jeans. However, they were still in good shape and fit me perfectly. I remembered making some shorts during my first year of undergrad and how much I now love them! So, before leaving out of the house, I decided to cut these up and add them to the collection. Before starting, grab a pair of sharp scissors and a dark, washable marker.



Step-by-step:
  1. Put on your jeans and stand in front of a full body mirror.
  2. Determine the length you'd like and use your marker to draw a continuous line around your thighs. (Once they're off, it may appear that your lines aren't even and that one is higher than the other. But if you have some junk in the trunk, then this is perfectly normal...don't fret!)
  3. Remove jeans and begin to cut up the seam of one leg. Once you get to where you made your mark, cut accordingly around the leg. Then, do the same thing on the opposite leg.
  4. Try your new shorts back on to make sure they are the length you wanted.
As you wear and wash your shorts more, they will begin to shred and fringe more. You can begin the process by pulling at any hanging pieces of denim. Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment