Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Spicy Fiesta Salad!

During the summer months, I will be sharing recipes to include in the new segment, "Meatless Monday's!" I have a lot of viewers who are vegetarian or pescetarian. These will be dishes that I also eat. So you can trust that they will be full of flavor and fulfilling. For the first segment, I'll be sharing a twist on a Fiesta salad I made last week. Prep and cook time is no more than 25 minutes. I hope you all enjoy these dishes as much as I am. Eat well <3

Ingredients (2svg):
  • fresh spinach
  • fresh yellow and white corn
  • sweet bell peppers
  • green onion
  • avocado
  • lime
  • tortilla strips
  • morning star buffalo chicken (or another vegetarian chicken)
  • bleu cheese dressing or crumbles

Follow the instructions on the box to prepare your chicken. While it's cooking in the oven, you can cut and prepare your veggies. Chop the following: 1/4 cup green onion & 1/3 peppers. Shuck your corn from the cob into a medium bowl. Then slice your lime and avocado in half. Wrap your other halves. To prevent browning and scarring,  try to eat the other half of your avocado with something else within 24hrs. In your bowl, squeeze lime juice from your lime into the bowl with the corn. Try to keep it pulp free! Mix by hand to cover all the kernels!

Now it's time to plate your salad. Cover your plate with spinach, then green onions, then peppers, then corn,  then tortilla strips, then corn, and then avocado. By this time, your chicken should be done. You can place nuggets on top or cut them into small pieces. I preferred small pieces. Lastly, scoop out the avocado from the shell. You can top with bleu cheese crumbles or dressing. I've had it with both and enjoyed them equally! Eat up and enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment